John Payne, Sports Guy


Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hi, I'm The (Not Exactly) Reluctant Sports Guy

Hello folks. Allow me to properly introduce myself.

I am the 'Reluctant Sports Guy,' sort of. I just took over the radio broadcast of the afternoon sports report on the Arkansas Radio Network. I'm not reluctant because I don't like sports, because I love sports. I'm not reluctant because I don't want to be on the air, because I love being on the air. I'll even concede to the opinion that I suck, but I still am in love with the sound of my own voice.

My reluctance is my already overflowing workload. I am the producer for the morning news program "First News" on KARN-AM/FM in Little Rock. I am the webmaster and gee-whiz guru for the station. I also seem to come up with a few new additional duties every week, but that just might be because I'm a sucker for overworked pouty secretaries looking for a sucker to dump busywork on.

But, now that I have the title, we see if I have the time to post to yet another blog I have created in the spur of the moment.

Posted by J. Cleveland Payne @ 11:21 AM   0 comments
---------------------------------------